Privacy statement for job applications
Date: 10 Febrary 2020
The Hybrid Intelligence Centre values your privacy. In this privacy statement, we describe how we deal with your personal data and how your privacy is safeguarded.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of my personal data?
The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam, TU Delft, University of Groningen, Universiteit Leiden and Utrecht University (hereafter ‘The Hybrid Intelligence Centre’) are jointly responsible for the data processing that is described in this privacy statement. The Hybrid Intelligence Centre has the statutory obligation of ensuring that your personal data are processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. What (categories of) personal data will be processed?
When you apply for a position and also want to be considered for other positions at other universities we will process the following personal data:
- Contact details (e.g. e-mail, telephone number, address); and
- Any other information you provide in your application. For example formal education and previous work experience, language skills, knowledge of computer tools, additional education and professional training.
3. For which purposes are my personal data processed, and on the basis of which legal grounds?
The personal data will only be used for the following purposes:
- The assessment of your suitability for a position that is or may become vacant;
- Internal control and business security; and
- The implementation or application of legislation.
We process your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- The processing is necessary for the purpose of pursuing our legitimate interests. These legitimate interests consist of the purposes mentioned above.
4. Who has access to my personal data?
The personal data will only be accessed by employees of The Hybrid Intelligence Centre who by reason of their function have a role in the processing of your personal data for the abovementioned purposes and for whom it is necessary that they have access to the personal data.
5. Will my personal data be shared with third parties?
We may share your personal data with third parties, such as the suppliers of IT systems that we use for the processing of your personal data. For example, the supplier of our Applicant Tracking System, Emply International A/S. Via the contact details below you can request more information about the third parties we share your personal data with.
If we share your personal data with third parties that process your personal data on our instructions, we enter into a data processing agreement with them in order to ensure that your personal data are processed carefully, securely and in accordance with the GDPR. We continue to be the data controller in respect of this processing.
It is possible that we share your personal data with other parties, such as public bodies, if this is for example necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation or a court order.
6. Will my personal data be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area?
No, your personal data will not be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA consists of all EU countries plus Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland. No additional requirements apply to the transfer of personal data between these countries on the basis of the GDPR.
7. For how long will my personal data be retained?
Unless a specific retention period is prescribed by law, we will retain your personal data for as long as this is necessary in order to accomplish the abovementioned purposes.
8. How will my personal data be secured?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss and any form of unlawful processing.
9. Who can I contact with questions about the processing of my personal data?
You can ask questions about how we process your personal data via email@example.com.
10. How can I exercise my privacy rights?
On the basis of the GDPR you have the right – under certain conditions – to access your personal data that we process, to correct your personal data if it contains factual inaccuracies, to delete your personal data, to limit the processing of your personal data, to portability of your personal data and to object to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these privacy rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer of VU Amsterdam via:
Data Protection Officer
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV AMSTERDAM
To be able to deal with your request, you will be asked to provide proof of identity. In this way it will be verified that the request has been made by the right person. If you are not satisfied with the way in which we deal with your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint with a supervisory authority.